Hot topic full of myths. Leather is a symbol of luxury cars, but remains very controversial. Some like it, some say it is cold in winter or sticky in summer. How should you take care of the leather to last longer?
Frequency of the cleaning depends on milage and usage of the vehicle. If you use the car every day, KV Detail recommends to clean the leather at least once a year. Impregnation of the cleaned leather surface should always be a part of deep cleaning.
How to detect dirty leather?
- greasy, glossy surface
- sticky surface
- different colors
Tips and tricks
- ff the leather is light, you should be careful with new jeans, we recommend to wash them first and impregnate the leather using nanotechnologies
- be careful with buttons, zippers, weepers and belts
- always use soft and special brushes, using only microfibre cloth will not be enough, it will only remove dirt from place to place and fill the voids with it
- it is important to clean leather after summer when it is dirty from sweat
- try the cleaning on a small space first (not so visible)
- always use balm after cleaning! use extra balm on the most problematic surfaces (around driver)
- careful with embalming cheap leather parts, balm will not be absorbed and leather will stay greasy (cheap armrest mostly)
Leather cleaning will be happily applied here in KV Detail Hand Car Wash in Ružinov, Bratislava.